TEXTBOOK VOUCHERS (Financial Aid)
Financial Aid Textbook Vouchers are available to students who have been awarded financial aid and who have funds that exceed the amount of their tuition and fees. Financial Aid Textbook Deferments allow a student to charge books at the Bookstore up to the amount available for a Financial Aid Textbook Deferment. The minimum amount of a Deferment is $100 with a maximum amount of $750*.
There are multiple terms used to describe the financial aid textbook deferment program. In the bookstore you will most commonly here the term "voucher". We use this term as traditionally students would be required to bring a signed form, or voucher, directly from the financial aid office to be able to use financial aid funds to pay for textbooks in the bookstore. Other common terms you may hear at the school or in other school settings are "TDA", "Voucher", and "Textbook Deferment".
Charges made against a textbook deferment will be deducted from your Financial Aid when it ts disbursed. Financial Aid disbursement occurs 2 full weeks after the start of each term - this date varies each term and is adjusted for holidays to allow time for processing. After this date you will no longer be able to use your voucher in-store as your remaining financial aid funds will be distributed back to you by whichever method you chose when filling out the FAFSA. If you have any questions about the last day to use your TDA please reach out to the bookstore staff. If you have questions about your disbursement please contact the business office at email@example.com.
Prior to using a Financial Aid Textbook Deferment at the Bookstore it is your responsibility to confirm that there are financial aid funds available for a Deferment.
*Students in Rad Tech, Nursing, Auto Service Tech, and Cosmetology Programs may be awarded additional funds. Please reach out to financial aid for more information.
CONFIRM YOUR ELIGIBILITY
- Login to your myCentury account -my.century.edu
- Click on eServices button.
- Enter your Star ID and your Star ID password
- Click “Financial Aid” link in the left-hand column
- Click to view your “Award Letter”. This will show your term awards for full-time enrollment and the amount of loan funds that have been certified. If you are not currently full-time you will have to view “Estimated Award Levels”
- If the sum of your certified loan amounts and grants by credit level exceeds your tuition and fee charges, you are eligible for a Financial Aid Textbook Deferment.
- Once your awards are posted online, please allow 1 business day for the deferment to become available in the bookstore.
HOW TO USE YOUR TDA
- Bring your Student ID Card* OR a valid Photo ID(Driver's License, etc).
- Bring your course schedule so the bookstore can help you get the correct textbooks for your courses. You can bring a printed schedule or pull up your schedule on your phone. The bookstore will need the Course Department, Course number, and course section to get you the correct textbooks.
- You will need to have your student ID number(NOT your Star ID), to checkout at the bookstore. You will be unable to use your TDA without this number.
- You must first create a student account on the Century College Bookstore Website before you can order your textbooks online. Guest accounts will not be able to use Financial Aid Funds or purchase textbooks.
- After your account has been created please navigate to the Textbook Search Menu - Textbooks>Search Textbooks
- Add in your courses into the search criteria Department(ACCT, COMM, ENGL, MATH, etc) and Course-Section-Instructor(1020 01, James; etc) then click "View Your Materials"
- Add your textbooks and materials to your cart
- Choose your options from the pop-up menus
- At the payment option menu click on the Payment method Drop Down and choose Student Financial Aid option.
- You will need to use your student ID number on your student ID card*(NOT your star ID) as your account number when Checking out. If you do not have a student ID card use your MNSCU tech ID number - you can find that on your printed course schedule or in eServices in the top right-hand corner of the screen once you are logged in.
- A backup payment method is require when purchasing with Student Financial Aid. This is required for any items not covered by financial aid - Shipping Fees, Clothing, Gifts, etc.
- Please note that if your Financial Aid changes and does not cover your tuition and fee charges for any reason (including dropping or adding credits, unsatisfactory progress holds, etc.) you are responsible for repayment of any Financial Aid Textbook Deferment charges.
*If you do not have a student ID card yet please use your MNSCU tech ID number - you can find that on your printed course schedule or in eServices in the top right-hand corner of the screen after you log- in.
WHAT CAN BE PURCHASED WITH TDA
- Required textbook/course materials, dictionaries and study aids.
- Required kits, uniforms, equipment and tools related to the classes you are currently enrolled in (i.e. art kits, stethoscopes, safety glasses, scrubs, etc). 1 set of Sweats/T-Shirts/Shorts may be purchased if enrolled in a gym/fitness class.
- Seasonal MTC Bus Passes are now available for purchase TDA funds.
- General school supplies in reasonable quantities.
WHAT CANNOT BE PURCHASED WITH TDA
- Shipping and Handling Fees.
- Food and snack items.
- Gift items.
- Apparel or Spirit wear.
Monday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Tuesday-Thursday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED
For any change in store hours - extended hours, special events, or holiday closures, please see our "Calendar" above.
3401 Century Avenue North
White Bear Lake, MN. 55110